Here are some interesting facts about Mount Everest you may or may not know:
• Mount Everest was formed over 60 million years ago.
• In Nepal, the mountain is called Sagarmatha, meaning Goddess of the sky.
• In Tibet, the mountain is called Chomolungman, meaning Mother goddess of the universe.
• The English name – Everest – was named after Sir George Everest, the British surveyor-general of India in 1865. Before, it was only known as Peak 15.
• Every year, Mt. Everest rises a few millimeters due to natural geological forces.
• On the way to the summit, a climber will pass over 200 bodies of previous climbers. Many of these bodies are extremely well preserved due to the extreme cold.
• In 1996, 16 people died during the climbing season, the highest death toll in a single year on Everest.
• The first successful ascent was made by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.
• The first solo ascent was made by Reinhold Messner on August 20, 1980.
• Messner also made the first ever oxygenless ascent on May 8, 1979.
• The youngest person to summit Everest was only 13 years old. This was accomplished by Jordan Romero on May 22, 2010.
• The oldest person to summit Everest was 76 years, 340 days old. This was accomplished by Min Bahadur Sherchan on May 25, 2008.
• The leading cause of death on Everest is avalanches.
• The second leading cause of death are falls.
• Aba Sherpa has made it to the summit of Everest 21 times.
MeetGray - simple good gray. To you we say NO politics , violence , drugs and pornography. Every day when we choose what news to add to our resource, we think about whether it would be interesting for you. We want you while visiting our resource to get into another world - a world of fair headers and truthful interesting information. Our idea is to give the opportunity to escape from the world of the well-funded PR and false advertising headlines carrying the idea to sell you a " Viagra " , enlarge breasts or lengthen the penis.
We do not support the hype that spoils attitude, of a resource , and makes a fascinating journey into the world of new, entertaining and interesting, in the process of closing obtrusive pop-ups and getting no interesting information.
If you think that without your information, articles, video, or review our resource will be a little bit empty, or just you have any comments that you would like to share with us,