25 interesting facts about dogs
In the world there are hundreds of official dog breeds mixes and mutts than we can not even count. Each dog has its own unique set of characteristics and personality. But one thing is certain - these loveable and wonderful companions are fascinating creatures.
Here are a few facts that you might not know:
1 . It's a duck ... or a dog ? Breed: the Newfoundland has a water resistant coat and webbed feet. This dog was bred to help the fishermen to cast their nets to save people from drowning.
2 . Lucky dog. Three dogs (first class Cabins) survived the sinking of the Titanic - two Pomeranians and one Pekingese.
3 . The hit group the Beatles. Rumor has it that, at the end of the Beatles song, "A Day in the life" Paul McCartney recorded an ultrasonic whistle, Audible only to dogs, just for his Shetland Sheepdog.
4 . Wow, look at these machines! Puppies have 28 teeth and normal adult dogs have 42.
5 . Catch the tail! Dogs chase their tail for a number of reasons: curiosity, exercise, anxiety, predatory instinct or, they might have fleas! If your dog chases its tail very often, talk to your vet.
6 . When you see stains or not? ... Dalmatian puppies are born pure white, spots they have in the process of growing.
7 . Dogs dream! Dogs and humans have the same type of slow wave sleep and rapid eye movements during this sleep stage dogs can dream. Twitching of the legs that occur during sleep are signs that your pet is dreaming.
8 . No need for night vision goggles! Dogs eyes contain a special membrane, which is called "tapetum lucidum", that allow them to see in the dark.
9 . Fast and even faster. The normal heart beat large breeds 60 to 100 beats per minute, heart small dog beats between 100-140 beats. For comparison,the human heart beats from 60-100 beats per minute.
10 . If your dog is behaving funny, get an umbrella! 72% of dog owners believe that their dog can sense when bad weather is coming.
11 . It's not a disease... a normal dog's temperature is 38-39 degrees Celsius.
12 . Something wet? Unlike humans who sweat everywhere, dogs only sweat through the pads.
13 . I look at you. Dogs have three eyelids, upper, lower and a third, called the nictitating membrane or "haw" which helps keep the eye moist and protected.
14 . Americans love dogs! 62 % of American households have a pet, which can be equated to 72 900 000 house.
15 . Move over! 45 % of dogs sleep in bed with their owner (we are sure a large percentage also tuck blankets! :)
16 . Why are dogs ' noses wet? Dogs noses secrete a thin layer of mucous that helps them absorb scent. Then they lick your nose to try the flavour to the taste.
17 . Delicious! Dogs have about 1,700 taste buds. People have approximately 9,000 and cats have around 473.
18 . Follow the plate of cookies! The sense of smell in dogs is 10,000 - 100,000 times more acute than humans.
19. It's not as black and white. It is a myth that dogs see only in black and white. In fact, it is believed that dogs see primarily in blue, greenish - yellow, the sameltyh with various shades of gray.
20 . Did you hear that? Sound frequency is measured in Hertz (Hz). The higher the Hz, the higher tone sound. Dogs hear at the level of 8,000 Hz, while humans hear at about 2000 Hz.
21. Express yourself. A dogs ears are very expressive. It's no wonder! There are more than a dozen separate muscles that control movement of the dog ear.
22. Grown. Dog Chow Chow, well known for their distinctive blue-black tongue, actually born with pink tongues. They become blue-black at 8-10 weeks.
23. Why do they do it? When dogs are raking in for themselves after visiting the toilet, they use the scent glands on the paws to mark their territory.
24. No, it's not just to look adorable. Dogs curl up into a ball when they sleep due to age-old instinct to keep warm and protect their abdomen and vital organs from predators.
25. Breathe easy. In addition to sweating through their paw pads, dogs are able to quickly breathe to cool itself. Fast-breathing dog can do 300-400 breaths (compared to regular 30-40) with very little effort.
Jokes,Animals,Nature,Facts,Our world Is interesting